Bringing together Senior Housing, Assisted Living, Home Care and Adult Day
What is CONNECT?
Connect Conference is a two-day event (formerly the Assisted Living and Home Care Conference) that’s all about breaking down silos to unleash the power of Minnesota’s home- and community-based services community.
Connect brings you interactive learning, fresh ideas and smart solutions to the challenges we all have in common.
MAXIMIZE YOUR TIME AND INVESTMENT!
The one-day ALHC Conference has transformed into the Connect Conference, and we have created a unique and engaging experience with topics and issues that cut across service settings and sessions, intentionally designed for deep and collaborative discussions.
The topics that our members have requested have been combined into day one (August 20) of this conference.
This is a new conference experience. Each session is designed to engage your voice and experience to harness the collective wisdom in the room.
REGISTER | Program Details Program Brochure
| LeadingAge MN or MHCA Member Rate
| Non-Member Rate
*Registration fee includes continental breakfast, refreshment breaks and lunch.
Registration is limited and on a first-received basis. The registration cut-off date/cancellation deadline is August 13, 2019. All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a $25 processing fee. No-shows will be billed the full registration fee. LeadingAge Minnesota and the Minnesota HomeCare Association (MHCA) reserve the right to cancel the conference, individual sessions and/or substitute sessions as needed.
OPENING KEYNOTE: Connections, Collaboration and Creativity for the Common Good
Let’s kick off this inaugural Connect Conference in a decidedly unconventional way! Stevie Ray will help us build connections in new ways through his fun and highly interactive presentation. You’ll pick up new techniques and tools that will set the stage for two days of meeting new colleagues, learning about other service options and forging new relationships that can change the way we serve older adults across the continuum. It’s the start of something big … so get ready to have some fun, engage your creative side and stretch your laughter muscles!
General Session: Collaboration in Action: Success Stories from the Field
Now that you’ve been primed for connection and collaboration in the opening keynote, fuel that fire and get inspired by the following success stories. Take home fresh ideas and innovative strategies to build successful collaborations of your own and leverage resources that better serve your community.
• The Juniper Project: Through a collaboration with various partners and funders, the Area Agencies on Aging have connected over 2,000 consumers with education resources including Matter of Balance, diabetes prevention and other training.
• Act on Alzheimer’s: A project that connects key leaders and community members with training and action plans to create dementia friendly communities around the state.
• Silos to Circles: An initiative to identify community assets that enable people to thrive in their rural communities as they age and connect seniors and their families to these resources.
- Preventing Suicide: Educating Families and Caregivers on Restricting Lethal Means
- Understand, Manage and Even Embrace Conflict
- What Difference Does Difference Make in the Workplace?
- How to Avoid Deceptive Marketing Practices and the Trouble They Attract
- Preparing for the Boomer Consumer
- Build a Stronger Memory Care Program
- Boost Team Member Success with Social Supports that Work
- Building Positive Communications with Families
- and more!
Plus, connect and learn from 40 exhibitors!
Click Here For Program Details
MHCA Members: Melissa Stenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
LeadingAge MN Members: Ashley Rogers, email@example.com