Assisted living offers independent senior living apartments with services available such as social activities, meals, housekeeping, and home health aide services such as medication administration, mobility assistance, or personal care assistance.
Assisted Living News
Aging Services of Minnesota Revised Home Care Class F Manual Now Available
Aging Services of Minnesota's Home Care Manual has been praised by providers and now after many revisions, updates and new documents, the fourth edition of the Home Care Class F Policies & Procedures Manual is now available to prospective members in both manual and CD format.
Changes in the fourth edition include:
- Updated TB screening and infection control policies/procedures that meet the 2009 TB waiver requirements have been included along with the 2009 MDH TB waiver bulletin.
- New policies/procedures have been added regarding CLIA waiver, controlled substances/Schedule II drugs, client's rights to access health care records, and reporting incidents involving clients
- The detailed Service Plan agreement, developed by Barb Blumer, Barb Blumer Law, P.A., and Susan Schaffer, Susan M. Schaffer, Attorney at Law, P.A. has been slightly revised to include references to payment source to encourage discussions between the provider and the client about resources that may be available. Also added were suggestions for attachments to the contract, such as a fee schedule, HIPAA notice of privacy practices and more.
- Helpful new resources have been identified for assessing mental status.
- An explanation of which Home Care Bill of Rights can be used by which providers has been added.
- The manual now includes the POLST form and information on Provider Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment.
- Other changes include revisions to the client acknowledgement form, the need to clean glucometers has been added to several documents and some additional information has been added to documents related to in-service training.
Class F home care providers are encouraged to revise and adapt the sample policies, procedures and forms to their own programs, and to make this easy, the manual is available in CD format.
For the printed manual, order HSG2000; CD order HSG2025 - either priced at $205; or purchase both (HSG2050) at $285.
Links for Assisted Living Providers
Class F Licensure
Assisted Living Regulatory & Legislative Updates from MDH
American College of Health Care Administrators
American Health Care Association
Association of Jewish Aging Services
Assisted Living Federation of America
Minnesota Health & Housing Alliance